Kapok Car Seat Pad - 9-18kg
Kapok baby car seat cushion fits every child car seat fo 9-18kg.
Made by 100% organic, vegan and hypoallergenic materials.
Kapok is popular due to its amazing temperature-regulating and moisture-wicking properties. Adds comfort to the child’s car seat but it also protects the car seat from wear and tear.
Available in 2 colours
KAPOK CARE INSTRUCTIONS
Kapok is a natural fiber with unique properties that is well worth taking care off. Read our guide – and extend the life of your kapok product!
To preserve the fiber structure and properties in the best possible way, we recommend that you only wash your kapok product if strictly necessary. Your Cocoon kapok products are made of 100% organic materials, and have not been treated with any chemicals. Therefore, you do not need to wash your new kapok product before use.
Kapok contains a natural bitter substance which makes the fiber and the kapok products naturally antibacterial and resistant to dust mites. Therefore, it is not necessary to wash your kapok product unless an accident have occurred in the bed. For smaller stains, we recommend that you stain wash your product.
We recommend that you air your kapok duvet once a month to maintain the structure of your duvet, and ensure a healthy sleeping environment.
If you have to wash your Cocoon kapok product, please carefully follow the guide below:
- We recommend that you wash your kapok product alone at 40 degrees to protect the kapok fiber. It is possible to wash the products at 60 degrees, if deemed necessary. Choose a short washing program, as it is may be damaging for the kapok fiber to be wet for too long. Your kapok product must therefore not be soaked. Choose a washing program with a high spin at the end of the program.
- Use a gentle detergent without enzymes or bleaching agents, such as Cocoon’s soapberries.
- Do not use fabric softener.
- For a quicker and better drying, give the product an extra spin at e.g. 1200 rpm to get the most water out of the product.
- After washing, dry the product immediately.
- Be extra careful if you have a combo washing machine, as these have proven more difficult to wash/dry kapok products with.
How to dry your Cocoon kapok product:
- Dry your kapok product alone in the dryer.
- Note that kapok takes time to dry. We recommend, that you use wool drying balls as they help reduce the drying time significantly. They also ensure that the fibers are separated in a gentle manner so that the fibers do not clump together.
- We recommend that you do not use tennis balls as they may harm the fibers.
- Select a 30-40 min. program with medium heat. Every 30 min., take out the product and let it cool of for a few minutes, or until it is room temperature. When the product is room temperature, it is easier to determine how much moisture is left in the product. If the product is still wet, repeat the this process until the product is only slightly moist.
- Then, let your kapok product dry in a warm place until the rest of the moisture is gone. Be careful not to dry your kapok product for too long in the dryer, as this will reduce the life of your kapok product.
About the brand
Cocoon is a Danish family brand focused solely on creating everyday products from sustainable and responsible materials. Rethinking everything from Kapok to maize, wool, and peace silk, their products are 100% natural and consciously made.
For parents who want the best, all-natural products for their babies, Cocoon is the best.